1. Read carefully the Articles of the Rules and Regulations
2. Fill in the Application Form.
3. Sign at the end of document.
4. Send the signed document together with a permanent link* for the vision of your film at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please notice that your link should not expire (indeed, some web servers such as WeTransfer, delete your files after one week or two, and we won’t be able to read/screen your film. Please avoid formats that require downloads, we cannot download hundreds of films). Instead, you may use YouTube/other permanent links.
The spirit of the Festival Mirabile Dictu is one of friendship and universal cooperation. Its aim is to reveal and focus attention on works of quality, presenting moral values, human virtues and positive characters, in order to contribute to the world evangelization and to encourage development of the film industry for this purpose.
The 13th Festival Mirabile Dictu will be held from Monday 28th of November to Thursday 1st of December 2022. Considering the situation created by the coronavirus and ignoring for the moment the implications, no place of gathering of the jury is decided. Each member fo the jury will watch the selected movies from home and send their votations by email to the President. If the health situation of the planet will change, we will advise about the modifications of this initial program.
Only films (feature, documentaries and short) that meet the following conditions may be chosen for the pre-selection to the Official Selection:
• Films that express moral values and positive heroes.
• A selection is international if it presents films from different countries, including non-Catholic countries.
• Films whose dialogues don’t contain bad words, insults and blasphemies. We don’t accept films with explicit sex. Scenes and heavily violent scenes.
Less than 20 minutes, including credits.
Less than 60 minutes, including credits.
Less than 140 minutes, including credits.
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION AND FOR RECEPTION
The deadline for sending the Application Form and the permanent link* for watching the film online is the 10th of October 2022.
MATERIALS TO BE SENT BY MAIL
• Permanent link* for watching the film, with at least 720p HD quality (1280 x 720 pixels, format 16/9).
• Synopsis in English or Italian of maximum 2 pages.
• Names of the cast and crew, with evidence on the producer, director, scriptwriter and main actors.
• Name, address, phone number, email address of the sender.
• Name, address, phone number, email address of the rights holder.
The Selection Committee will accept films with the following characteristics:
• WITHOUT subtitles IF the original language is English or Italian.
• WITH English or Italian subtitles for all other original languages.
IF YOUR FILM IS SELECTED
You will receive an email informing you about the selection of your film for the final competition before 10th of November 2022.
Your film, together with all the films in final competition will make the subject of the section “Tickets”.
Once a film has been selected for the Final Competition, it cannot be withdrawn from the Festival program during the event.
All films must be presented in their original language, with English or Italian subtitles. By “original language” is meant the one in which a film is or will be exhibited in its country of origin. It is for the Board of Directors to decide whether or not a film that does not exactly meet this criterion may participate in the Festival. All subtitling expenses are to be met by the film’s producer. Moreover, all films with dialogues in a language different from English or Italian will be subtitled in English or Italian.
The Board of Directors and the President of the Festival designate the four foreign and Italian members of the Jury as well as its President. Each Jury member votes by secret ballot. Decisions will be reached by an absolute majority of votes. The President of the Festival will receive Jury deliberations but will take no part in the voting. She will communicate in the website of the Festival the names of the winners. No person having taken part in the production or exploitation of a film in competition may be on the Jury.
The Jury will award “Il Pesce d’Argento” (The Silver Fish) to the following categories:
• The Best Short Film
• The Best Documentary
• The Best Director
• The Best Film
Besides, two awards will be given:
• Capax Dei Foundation Award, given by this Foundation’s President to the most significative Catholic subject among all the Films in Final Competition.
• Lifetime Achievement Award.
Films to be submitted for the Pre-Selection must be entered by October 10, 2022. For the moment, the required support is any HD online media, with the related permanent access link*. This year, if the situation due to the coronavirus doesn’t change, the Selection Committee will meet and work by videoconference.
All expenses related to the films presented to the Selection Committee with a view to their possible selection, are to be met by the film’s producers or relevant body.
All expenses for the online publication, storage and insurances are also the responsibility of their owner(s).
The films that will not fulfill these conditions will be rejected.
The Festival will inform only and exclusively the owner and the sender of the films chosen for the Final Competition.
The President of the Festival “Mirabile Dictu” has the power to settle all cases not covered by the present rules and regulations.
Participation in the Festival “Mirabile Dictu” implies acceptance of all the aforementioned rules and regulations and respect of the Application Form 2022.
The film producers (or relevant body) of the films arrived in Final Selection will be informed about it before the 10th of November through email. It’s up to them to participate to the Award Ceremony on their own expenses, if it should take place. We’ll keep you informed about the Award Ceremony, as the situation could change.
In order to consider valid the Application Form, this list of Rules & Regulations together with the Application Form must be signed by the applicants. Should any dispute arise regarding the interpretation of an article in these regulations, their original Italian version is binding.